Best cleanest Pot butter
Marijuana: Yes | Level: Easy | Views: 24196 | Submitted by: Lets Get Baked | Category: Munchie
Note: Weed strength varies and there is no "standard" so quantities may not be given or be approximate. Please use your own judgement when measuring based on your knowledge of the weed you're using.
1. Bring enough water to cover the marijuana to a rapid boil.
2. Drop your marijuana in the water, leave for 10 seconds then strain out the buds. Discard the water. (we do this step to clean some of the dirt and who knows what else off the bud, THC is not h20 soliable so it will not effect your potencey, it will just create a better product..)
3. Melt the butter, on medium heat. If your butter turns brown or black you burnt it start over.
4. Place you marijuana in the butter ( be careful if its still moist from the water you are going to have some popping, so it is best to use a tall stock pot.)
5. Let the buds poach in the butter. That mean don't have your heat so high the butter is simmering but very close to a simmer. Leave this sit. I like to do it overnight. But after 2 hours you should be able to strain the buds from the butter, and have some of the best bud butter you'll ever cook with.
The reason most canna foods taste horrible is because when, you make the butter, most people use to much heat and the bud come out of the butter looking like black crumbs. Leaving the butter sit at a warm temp. will keep your butter tasting like it should.